How Will My Eyelash Extensions Be Done?
After the initial consultation to establish what shape and type of look you are after and any recommendations its time to relax and lay down on the couch.
The eyes and lashes need to be free of make-up, but I will also clean the lashes to make sure they are free of any protein or oil. This is to ensure the lash extensions bond correctly to the host lash.
I will then place small white pads under each eye which are placed over the lower lashes to keep them out of the way. Your eyes are then kept closed for the duration of the procedure.
Using tweezers I will use the pads as a work area by separating out the individual lash that is going to receive the extension. The extension lash is then placed on to the host lash with a specially formulated bonding agent.
The application takes approximately 1 ¼ to 1 ½ and anywhere between 50 to 150 lashes on each eye depending on the size and shape of you eyes together with the look you want to achieve.
Once all of the lashes have been applied there is usually about a 5 – 10 minute wait for the bonding to dry and voila! Beautiful new lashes!
To get the most out of your eyelash extensions, you need to follow some simple instructions.
The first 24-48 hours are crucial to the bonding procedure, so:
* No water should come into contact with your eyelashes for 24 hours.
* For 48 hours after treatment do not steam your face, use a steam bath, swim or wash your face with hot water.
* Only use water based mascara on the tips of your lashes. However, you don’t need it and it can shorten the life of the lash extensions. This type of mascara is available at the London clinic should you still which to use it, and is especially formulated for easy removal. DO NOT USE ON RUSSIAN LASH EXTENSIONS.
* If you wear mascara on your bottom lashes make sure it is water based.
* If you wear eyeliner, the best ones to use are the felt tip pens or gel, avoid pencil eyeliners as they tend to be a bit oily and can clog between the lashes.
* Do not use an eyelash curler or perm the lashes. It will break the eye lashes and/or crease them. However you can use the heated eyelash curlers which are particularly good for the real mink eyelash extensions and are available at the clinic.
* Do not rub lashes when washing your face – always pat dry after cleansing.
* Do not pull on your eyelashes. The bond on the extensions is so strong that it will pull your own eyelash out along with the new ones.
* If you wear eye make-up, a powder based eye shadow is best.
* To remove make-up use an OIL FREE make-up remover avoiding touching the eyelashes.
* Remember emollients, creams, and oils are the eyelash bonding agent’s worst enemy. Use eye creams sparingly and avoid lid/lash area.
* We naturally lose a couple of lashes a day which we seldom notice, however, you will notice with the extensions and if you see your lash attached to the extensions please don’t panic, as that’s exactly what’s supposed to happen!
Book An Appointment
If you have any questions you can’t find answers too on this site, please use the form below. We will try to get back to you within 24 hours.