After Care for Lash Extensions
To get the most out of your Designer Lashes, you need to follow some simple instructions. The first 24-48 hours are crucial to the bonding procedure, so:
* No water should contact eyelashes for 24 hours.
* For 48 hours after treatment do not steam face, use steam bath, swim or wash face with hot water.
* Only use water based mascara on the tips of your lashes, although, you don’t need it and it can shorten the life of the extensions. However, these are available at the clinic should you still which to use it, they are especially formulated for easy removal.
* If you wear mascara on your bottom lashes make sure that it is water based.
* if you wear eyeliner the best ones to use are the felt tip pens or gel, avoid pencil eyeliners as they tend to be a bit oily and can clog between the lashes.
* Do not use an eyelash curler or perm the lashes. It will break the eye lashes and/or crease them. However you can use the heated eyelash curlers which are particularly good for the real mink eyelash extensions and are available at the clinic.
* Do not rub lashes when washing your face – always pat dry after cleansing.
* Do not pull on eyelashes. The bond on the extensions is so strong that it will pull your own eyelash out along with the new ones.
* If you wear eye make-up, a powder based eye shadow is best.
* To remove make-up use an oil free make-up remover avoiding touching the eyelashes.
* Remember emollients, creams, and oils are the eyelash bonding agent’s worst enemy. Use eye creams sparingly and avoid lid/lash area.
* We naturally lose a couple of lashes a day which we seldom notice, however, you will notice with the extensions and if you see your lash attached to the extensions please don’t panic that’s exactly whats supposed to happen!
To book an appointment text or call Janette on 07956 420778 or use the form below.
Data Protection & Security
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, any personal information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence. Your data will not be shared with any third party and you will not be sent information by email or other media for any other services or products.